5 Favorite Foods
Now that I have your attention. I love food. Eating, seeing it, the smell, and especially cooking it… Ok maybe eating it and cooking it are tied. I’m hungry so I thought I’d do my best to make you hungry too. Lets get this thing going, 5 of my favorite foods, in no particular order, because that’s just too hard.
The Nachos set the stage. I love Mexican food. Love it. I pretty much could eat Mexican food three times a week, easy. In fact I wish weeks were longer so I could eat more of it. Picture if you will, a warm basket of chips brought to your table, with fresh salsa, and in some cases warm re fried beans covered in cheese, all for the dipping
Did I mention guacamole, love that too. And that’s just the beginning, the food hasn’t even got there yet!! Here we go, are you ready
And lets not forget my favorites
- My Favorites
- Nah, I’m just kidding, but Taco Bell is my favorite fast food. Bring forth the actual Burrito please…
- Ahh, now that’s more like it. Wow, this could be a long blog, lets continue
I love Italian Food. Yes I use that love word loosely in regards to food. From a dark, candle lit restaurant, to a pizza shack on the end of a pier overlooking the ocean. You can’t go wrong with Italian.
Ok, now when I cook spaghetti, I don’t always use meatballs, but this photo was the closest I found to what mine looks like. Spaghetti is my favorite Italian food. Quickly now, my recipe;
- Ground Beef or Turkey, whichever you prefer (As much as you prefer, maybe close to a pound) – Cook it by itself, breaking it up
- A can of Tomato Sauce (I think it’s 15oz) – Add it once the meat is browned
- A can of Stewed Tomatoes (I believe it’s 28oz. You can add fresh tomatoes instead if you’d like, it tends to make the sauce a bit sweeter) – Add at same time
- Fresh Garlic (Around 4 to 6 little cloves cut in fairly small pieces. Or powdered or jarred if you don’t like to cut the garlic) – Add same time
- Dry Oregano (A few sprinkles will do yah, this will also sweeten the sauce a bit, but it is so good) – Add same time
- Olive Oil (A tablespoon is fine, don’t over do it with Olive Oil) – Add same time
- Red Wine (This is totally optional, the sauce is good either way. If you go with it, a couple swigs of it then.) – Add same time
- Wola, enjoy, manjia manjia… Cook the meat on medium or just below, and cook the sauce lower then that, don’t want to burn the sauce. Also, allow time for the garlic to get soft if you use fresh garlic. Enjoy!
- p.s don’t forget to cook the pasta whilst cooking the sauce
Love Chinese food <—That Love word again. A couple examples
I’m not sure exactly what that is, but I think it’s some sort of Fried Rice, be it Pork, Chicken, Vegetable or other. Whatever it is, I want it, and throw in some Sweet and Sour sauce to pour over it, mmm.
Love Sweet and Sour Pork, and Chicken for that matter. But lately my favorite has been Cashew Chicken.
Gotta throw in the Classic Cheese Burger for my fellow American Patron’s, as well as my Internationally Enlightened… Take a moment. Just look at that thing. Throw in a nice Cold Coke, some Fries and maybe some Blue Cheese Dressing for the dipping, and I’m good to go.
Five; Drum Roll Please… Is it
I love love love Indian Food… Or is it
Love it. And… Wow. But in all honesty I have to give it to
Cheese is hands down my favorite food. I leave you with a few final images to accompany you to the fridge as you try to find anything remotely as tasty as some of the previous foods
More Editorials by DarkJade